Although the best we can do is plan our waxing schedule, sometimes it is not possible. Or for the last minute plan, or because the work does not allow it … That’s why we bring you some little tips that can help you when you need a last-minute hair removal done by yourself. Use this guide when waxing your legs:
1. Make sure your hair is long enough. Ideally, hair should be at least ¼ inch long before it can be waxed. The wax needs something to stick to, so anything shorter than ¼ inch could make the waxing experience uncomfortable and ineffective.
2. Prep the skin with baby powder. Apply a small amount of baby powder onto your legs to soak up any oils or moisture on the skin’s surface. You need your skin to be free of any type of product like lotions and creams, as well as any sweat or moisture.
3. Work in small sections. Take your time to spread the wax in small sections along each leg and remove the hair using the strips in the direction of hair growth.
4. Don’t pull straight up. This is a common rookie mistake and causes much more discomfort than necessary. Keep the waxing strip as close to the skin as possible and pull it at a slight angle. Remove the strip quickly for a smooth finish.
5. Soothe the area. If you’re especially sensitive to waxing and feel a stinging sensation when the strip comes off, just apply some pressure with your hands on the area right after removing the strip. This will help to soothe the area and reduce inflammation. You can also use a skin-soothing lotion or cream that contains aloe or chamomile.